Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can Tho Floating Market

Early in the morning, we woke up to visit the floating market in Can Tho, on the Mekong River. Here's a few pictures. 


Many families live in houses right on the edge of the river.  Most of the houses didn't look very sturdy.. made me wonder what happens during the flood season..

A woman rowing her boat to the market. 

Boats full of produce

More watermelons than I've ever seen in my entire life!


Making a watermelon deal. 

To show what produce they are selling, the sellers tie the fruit up on long sticks.
We stopped to buy some pineapples from a family.  The entire family, including a mom, dad,  little boy, little girl, and a dog were living on the boat. 

The father, talking with Vuong about the price and quantity of pineapples. 

The guard dog, watching out for his family.

Co Hang and I

I wonder what she was thinking about.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment