Sunday, March 25, 2012

So much fun

Bin, the sweetest kid you've ever met.  He runs up and hugs anybody who comes into the room. 
Bin loves to have his picture taken.  Whenever I bring my camera, he always steals it from me and takes pictures of everything! 

Hanh, the troublemaker.  He's so much fun and so sweet, but always stealing candy and food from my backpack.  

Not sure what this little boy's name is (he can't speak), but he's so sweet and lovable.  His eyes are so big and kind. Sometimes he is very serious, and then I can always tell that he's thinking really hard about something.  I wish I knew what he was thinking about. 

Hieu! When I first met Hieu, I was a bit shocked and little nervous.  He cannot speak very well; his words are always constrained and forced.  He also walks very erratically and does not have very good control of his movements.  Whenever I see him walking around, I have to resist the urge to grab his hand and help him walk more steadily.  But, after spending some more time with him the other day, I realized that he is incredibly smart, enthusiastic, energetic, and quite the little joker too. Although his motor skills aren't developed enough for him to be able to write, he can read very well and spell too.  When I asked him what his name was, he tried to say it but I couldn't understand him because his voice was so strained.  Hieu, clever little boy, came up with a solution.  There were words written on the bench that we were sitting on, and Hieu began pointing at different letters to spell out his name.  It took a few minutes to figure it out, but after I finally said his name he smiled so wide and gave me a big high five.  

1 comment:

  1. OH my, how I miss this... will you give them all huge hugs for me?

    Also, your photography is absolutely brilliant.

    Oh, and I miss you too.

    ReplyDelete