Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chúc Mừng Ngày Nhà Giaò!

Happy Teacher's Day!


To show their appreciation for teachers across Viet Nam, students bring their teachers flowers and gifts.  My host mom is a school teacher, and so for the past few nights we have had a steady stream of visitors bringing her flowers and wishing her good health.

My mom also insisted that I am a teacher now too, since I teach my little cousins and sisters English. So on Saturday morning, before my cousins and their friends came over to for class, we got all dressed up in our ao dai (traditional Vietnamese dresses).  When the little students came, they brought with them bouquets of flowers for me that were so big they could barely carry them by themselves.


Nhi, my adorable cousin 

On Sunday, the celebration continued.  My sister and her friends (the older students) surprised me with more flowers and gifts.  I am so honored that they went to so much trouble to do all that for me! They even had sparkly confetti guns that they shot up into the air when I came in the room.  I was so flattered! Even though teaching them can be frustrating and tiring, it's so rewarding and such a unique experience.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment